Staff members from all institutions will make short-term visits (ca 1-2 weeks, during which they will deliver lectures and seminars, and visit labs and field sites), and Graduate students from partner universities will participate in extended stays (ca 4-6 weeks).
Participating institutions will share and develop curricular materials in membrane technology for graduate courses. Finally, lessons learned by the staff and students participating in the project will be disseminated to the academic community and interested stakeholders in Norway through a variety of means, including meetings and conferences.
During these visits, each faculty member will give seminars to the participating universities and offer a short workshop for graduate students based upon their particular expertise. Graduate students (PhD) will be selected to visit the other institution for internships, during which time they will be mentored by faculty at the host institution on a collaborative project between NMBU and the host institution.
Participating staff and students will be required to orally present their work during their visit to the host institution. This will ensure that the host institution learns more about the range of studies and experimental and theoretical approaches used in the other country. During their stay, staff and students will also be invited to relevant field sites or participate in any field trips occurring during their stay to introduce them to water/wastewater treatment plants that utilize integrating membrane technology.
Developing new project proposals for high-end competitive research grants will be continuously in focus, which will ensure the sustainability of the centre.
The work plan is organized in a series of work packages that are further divided in a series of logical tasks, to optimize the organization and planning of the activities:
- Curriculum development
- Task 1.1 Development of course
- Task 1.2 Design of lectures
- Task 1.3 Preparation of a textbook (chapter) on Membrane processes
- Task 1.4 Design Lab works
- Task 1.5 Development of an e-learning module with
- Student and faculty mobility and Joint research programs development
- Task 2.1 Develop collaborative agreements on student exchange
- Task 2.2 Develop joint supervision of Master and PhD
- Task 2.3 Initiate joint research projects
- Business opportunities and collaboration for industrial partners
- Task 3.1 Develop field experiential learning
- Task 3.2 Develop project collaboration and new project grants
- Task 3.3 Strengthen collaboration with industrial partners
- Dissemination and exploitation of results
- Task 4.1 Dissemination plan
- Task 4.2 Communication channels
- Task 4.3 Publications and dissemination workshops
- Project management
- Task 4.1 Project meetings and reporting
- Task 4.2 Sound financial management